sharing a poem with u guys~~~

i got this poem from tyng, who got it from yels who got it from the poet herself!!!

so here goes :

I can ask you out, yeah, I can play the chase,
As long as we take turns in running this race,
I can wear the pants, but I prefer to rock a dress,
So if you make the move, I will be impressed,
I like looking after, but I don't want a baby,
I still want a man who treat me like the lady.

I don't wannabe told I'm a fine lookin honey,
I rather a gentlemen who says I'm smart and funny,
Don't attempt smooth talk, it's really not slick,
Don't flaunt money, you'd just make me sick,
Show me you have brains, make me laugh instead,
Prove you got something going on in your head.

I want someone who'll cook with me in the kitchen,
Not watch TV while I make pasta and chicken,
If I cook the meal, then you can serve the drinks,
Then you can do the dishes, and I'll wipe up the sink,
I'll pay for the movies if you pay for the meal,
Or we could buy a DVD if that's more ideal,
As long as we agree to play equal parts,
Equal work, equal sorrys, equal mind, equal hearts.

Don't like labels, don't need to see bling,
I don't give a damn about material things,
It doesn't even matter what car you drive,
I only care about your outlook on life,
What's the point of being rich if you're mood is always crappy,
I rather be with a broke ass fool who's happy.

It ain't about what you make or the clothes that you wear,
You could wear Padini for all I care,
It's the man under the clothes that I wanna know,
Can you stand up tall, can you hold your own?
Do you have it in you to fight temptation,..
In return for my loyalty and admiration?

I hope for a love sparking inspiration breakthrough,
Like Destiny's Child sings just let me cater to you,
I wanna spoil my man and and not be afraid,
For public affection to be put on display,
So I can let my guard down and feel free to be silly,
To be allowed moments where I'm just plain girlie,
And to be reassured you'll still love me for me,
Including the verbal diarrhoea and big booty.

I don't need perfect, there is no joy in perfection,
A real man of the world would be my selection,
Whether a broke student, or a business risk taker,
Or work an office job, or an indie music maker,
It just matters that you're secure and know who you are,
And whatever you do, you to aspire to go far,
Balance quality time and still give enough space,
And if we're lucky all the pieces will fall into place.

I would tell the world, I'd shout it out to the globe,
So I got no patience for 'dem commitment-phobes,
I don't quota affection, I give absolutely all of,
Like Beyonce who sings Dangerously In Love,
I wear my heart on my sleeve, I cannot love discreetly,
'Cos when I choose to love, I love so completely.

<3<3<3<3<3

0 comments: